Thursday, May 23, 2013

Going Retro!

1963
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was trying desperately to remember the name of a book of my childhood and could only picture the image. No title, no author, nothing. I tried an online search without success and determined I'd just have to live with the fact that I'd never see my beloved book again. A few weeks after this conclusion I found myself face to face with it in a neighborhood library. The book is called "The Quarreling Book" by Charlotte Zolotow. I was beyond elated! All I could remember of the story was that it involved a family that was angry with one another, yet found happiness in the end, which brings me to the purpose of this post. Going retro at times is great for your children. From this story they learn it's okay to be angry at times, but never to take that anger out on others and this book will drive that point home in a subtle, yet entertaining way!

No comments:

Post a Comment